Budget billing is a program that allows you to pay the same amount each month on your electric bill. The cooperative calculates your electric bill on an 11-month basis, and you pay the same amount each month, eliminating fluctuations caused by cold weather. The 12th month is an adjustment month. If you paid more for electricity in the previous 11 months than you used, you get a credit and your monthly budget billing amount is adjusted downward. If you used more electricity in the 11 months than you paid for, then your budget billing amount is adjusted upwards.
Budget billing is free. Simply call the cooperative at 228-2202 or 1-800-247-1197 to find out more about it. An estimated monthly budget billing amount can be sent to you at your request. You then decide if you want to go on budget billing.
Contact Us for more information.
Check-Free Payment is a program allowing you to pay your monthly electric bill the easy, convenient way, without writing a check ... automatically! Check-Free Payment allows the amount of your monthly electric bill to automatically be deducted from your bank, credit union or savings and loan account. There's no check to write, no payment to mail, no more forgetting to pay, and best of all, Check-Free Payment is free.
Check-Free Payment lets your bank do the work. Each month, the amount due shown on your electric bill is deducted from your checking or savings account automatically on the due date of the billing, the 10th of the month or the first business day after the 10th. There is no check for you to mail -- Check-Free Payment takes care of this for you. All you have to do is make sure there is enough money in your account. Your bill is always paid, your credit is always in good standing.
Besides being free, this service actually saves you money and time. No check-writing costs, no postage expense and more time for you.
You can sign up for Check Free Payment by calling the cooperative at 228-2202 or 1-800-247-1197. The cooperative will send you a notice telling you which month the Check Free Payment feature will start.
Contact Us for more information.
You can pay your residential electric bill with a credit card over the telephone by calling 1-888-999-0975 or by coming into the office. Another option is to pay any electric account over the telephone with a checking account.
Call 1-888-999-0975 any time to make payment or check your account balance.
It's fast, secure, and free!
SmartHub is North Central Electric Cooperative’s free online bill payment system that also allows you to report a power outage and monitor your energy usage. If you are new to paying your bill online, you will need to create a SmartHub account.
Log in to SmartHub or to create an account.
- Provides 24-hour access to account or accounts.
- Sends an e-mail notification when a new electric bill is generated. The e-mail includes a link for easy navigation to your billing information. You can use SmartHub to review account information and pay your electric bill, or you may choose to pay in a different manner.
- Allows you to pay electronically using a Visa, MasterCard or Discover card or an electronic check transaction.
- Displays posting of payments in real time.
- Provides current and historical billing information and payment history.
- Outlines energy usage in graphs.
- Includes a free app for your smartphone or tablet. Download it by searching for “SmartHub” on either the Apple Store or Android Market. Once the app is open, type in “First Electric Cooperative” as the provider. The login information is the same for both the web and mobile app.
- Allows you to enroll in Paperless Billing.
- Lets those with multiple accounts pay with a single payment.
- Provides an easy way to report a power outage. This feature works especially well for members with multiple accounts.
SmartHub — Pay Now
Go to the SmartHub Pay Now site. No registration is required. Just use your billing account number and your last name or the name of your business to pay your bill quickly and easily. Please note that Pay Now only allows you to pay your bill. Unlike the full SmartHub site, you cannot view your usage or report an outage.
Download the SmartHub app!
Download the free SmartHub app for your smartphone or tablet. You can pay your electric bill, report a power outage and monitor your energy usage on your account or accounts from anywhere. Scan the QR code below to access SmartHub in the Apple iTunes app Store or Android Market.